Thursday, December 8, 2011

Improve Web Traffic - Get Rid Of Broken Links

What are Broken Links?
Basically, Broken Links are links that are no longer active, this can be for a variety of reasons but to explain all the reasons is not the
purpose of this posting.

Again, basically. having Broken Links on your sites might be hindering your website traffic, especially the traffic that you get from search engines! Broken Links can drive your potential customers away and prevent search engines from properly indexing your site.

To help you find Broken Links on your site, Here is a Free Broken Link Tool. That will check your site for Broken Links.

Here a tip for "bloggers", since this Free Broken Link Checker Tool will only check the page that you submit! And it takes too much time to check all your pages, especially if you have setted up each page to have it separate URL. So instead of running each page through, and before I use this tool, I go to my "Settings" (blogger.com) then "Formatting" and change the amount of posts that I have on the main page to "500" "posts" and then I "save: it. Then I run the URL of my main page through the above tool, I ignore any "broken links from blogger.com) and note any links that I have added to my site.

Of course, after doing this and fixing any broken links, I go back to "settings".."formatting" and return my setting (numbers and posts) to what they were before!


Free Automatic Backlink

Free Automatic Backlink

Add to Diigo (add to Diigo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!